Are you looking to do any major construction or renovation to a building in the Town of Georgetown?
Please be aware that many projects will need to be reviewed by the Design Review Commission (DRC) prior to issuance of a building permit for a Certificate of Appropriateness. This is required since Georgetown is part of a National Historic Landmark District. Applications can be found on the left side of this page and need to be submitted to Town Hall at 404 6th St. Please check into this before submitting your building permit application.
The Town of Georgetown contracts its building division services through SAFEbuilt.
Applications are submitted through the Town of Georgetown.
303-569-2555 ext. 2
Town Hall - 404 6th St.
SAFEbuiltSince 1992, SAFEbuilt has provided full-service building department programs, building code plan reviews, complete project support, building code inspections and code enforcement for cities, towns, counties and other public agencies. As of today, they work with more than 250 public communities.
Building Permits are submitted and fees are paid to the Town of Georgetown.
- Requests for inspections must be made through the SAFEbuilt Inspection line at 303-450-8748 at least 24 hours in advance of the day of inspection.
- SAFEbuilt is in Georgetown on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Call SAFEbuilt the day of inspection to find out the two hour window of when they Inspector will arrive onsite 303-450-8745.
- (Please do not use this number to schedule inspections.
- Your request needs to include Permit number, Address, Contact Person and Inspection Type.
Please call 303-450-8745 for technical building questions.
New Commercial Plans
Commercial Tenant Finish/Remodel
Restaurants & Commercial Kitchens
New Residential Application requirements
Electrical License Contemporaneous Review Guidelines
Climatic & Geographic Design Criteria
Ground Snow Load
Roof Snow Load
Wind Speed (mph)
Subject to Damage From
Winter Design Temp
Mean Annual Temp
Vult = 140 mph
None to Slight
Per FEMA Flood Map